Saturday, July 31, 2010

Move, Maternity Pics, Matt visits

Well as most of you know, Matt, Noah, and I are transitioning to Florida. Right now, Noah and I are living with my sister and her husband Matt in Fleming Island which is just south of Jacksonville. Matt is living with very hospitable friends in Gaineville. My mom and gramma are trading off taking care of our dog, Sandy. Noah and I left Waverly on Monday around 1pm. We made it to Medina, TN around midnight to stay with my cousin Angie and her daughter Isabella. Angie is also due to have a baby in Sept around the 23rd. Sadly I did not take any pictures while I was there, but Noah had fun playing in the pool and jumping on the trampoline. Angie and I had fun catching up on everything. Wednesday morning Noah and I headed out to make our trek to Florida. We made it to Amy's about 10pm. Brilei and Noah were so excited to see each other. I am so proud of how Brilei has adopted Noah into her space and allowed him to play with her toys and has really been a great cousin to Noah. We still have no idea how long this arrangement will end up being and I cannot imagine what Noah and Brilei are going to feel like once we do have our own place again. Presslei has gotten in on some of the cousin action too! One of the favorites is Noah and Brilei taking turns pushing Presslei in her little Radio Flyer cart. She smiles from ear to ear. We are so blessed to have Matt, Amy, Brilei and Presslei in our lives!

Before we left Iowa, Matt and my mom made the overnight haul to Iowa to help me tie up some loose ends. Matt and his grampa Neil cut a huge limb out of one of the trees in the back yard and really spruced it up. Mom pulled lots of weeds and helped with cleaning. Noah had a great time spending time with "Baga" and Daddy while they were in town. Once again I did not get any pictures of their trip up, however we did manage to squeeze in maternity pictures between my surprise birthday party Melissa and Hannah threw for me on Thursday night, my new product box opening party on Saturday night, church, bridal shower, and family goodbyes on Sunday. I also had a Pampered Chef Open House and Moving Sale on Tuesday night that was AWESOME! Needless to say, my last week in Iowa was full of lots of people especially great friends and family that we already miss dearly. We also are really going to miss our Church. The relationships, discipleship and fellowship we felt from that body of believers was unparallel to anything I have ever had in the Body of Christ before. It was unique in the intergenerational relationships that were built and something that I hope to be a part of again in the near future. I know we were in Iowa specifically for my personal growth in my relationship with Christ and I would not trade my time there for anything! It is always really hard to leave the known and go to the unknown. For the past 7 years of Matt and my marriage we have moved our residence 4 times (5 if you count where we are at right now and hopefully will be 6 by the end of this year). However, I truly hope we can stay wherever we end up for several years. It will be really nice to be settled. Have some rest time. Have an idea of where we will be, who we are and what we are called to do. Until then, we will trust that God has a plan for us and that it is to prosper and not to harm.

We plan to welcome a new baby in about 4 weeks. I am living about an hour and fifteen minutes from the hospital that I will deliver in, my sister works overnight as a nurse (my ride to Gainesville) and my husband is also an hour and 15 away. So with that said, I am trusting that God will prolong my labor enough to make it to where I need to be, with who I would like to have there. I know he will protect and keep me through this process and it will all be for His glory.

Matt is making his visits on the weekends. This is our first weekend back together. It is nice to have his love and affection around. Noah has done such a great job of adjusting to this transition. Please continue to pray for him through all of this. Also pray that we fit into the daily life of the Suralis-Smith household and are a blessing to them during our stay here.


Enjoy some maternity pictures in the mean time!






















4 comments:

Whitlocks said...

Yeah! I love the maternity pics...so cute. I can't believe how much you crammed into your last few days in Iowa. Happy belated birthday and anniversary too. I know this transition is a weird time but we are praying for you and are just so glad that your friends and family have stepped up to help you all out. God is good.
-Katie

The Birketts said...

Hey guys! I love pregnancy pics! Ha... just noticed that Katie started hers off that way too. I mean really... afterward nobody wants pics of your belly... so I say take em' all now and LOVE IT! My favorite is the one of you sitting ... leaning against the tree (color) with your feet out. Really neat.

Carolyn White said...

i miss you so much it hurts!

Nicole Robertson said...

Congrats from your Gainesville neighbor way back when....I am so excited for you and so happy that you guys are doing well!
Nicole