Tuesday, March 01, 2011

since the last time...

After reading a friends blog and how she writes everything as if telling her daughter a story about her life, I really liked the concept and think I will try it out for a while on our blog for the boys...

Foster, this was your third trip back to Iowa. Two weeks before we were to go, you were sick. On Tuesday morning I decided to take you in, but by the morning Noah, you were even more sick than Foster. We (Baga Sue and mommy) took you to the pediatrician in Gainesville. The doctor took one look at you, Noah, and said " I think he has the flu!" He ran a rapid flu test on you which thankfully came back negative. Since you were coughing so bad, he put you on an antibiotic for that and the eye infection that seemed you were getting from Foster. We were to continue the drops we had been putting in your eyes Foster. The following Saturday, Mommy had a Pampered Chef meeting in Orlando to attend. Foster, this was the first time I was leaving you for a day. Daddy had plenty of milk to give you, but you refused to take it from a bottle. Knowing that you had started to cough like Noah, I left my meeting early to come home to feed you because I did not want you to continue to get sick. By the time I made it back to Baga Sue's house, Daddy and I had decided to take you into urgent care. The Dr. there said you were wheezing again and to start you back on abuterol with the nebulizer and also that you had an infection in your right ear which she put you on amoxicillin for. Sunday night as you went to bed, it seemed like you were getting better. You went to bed around 9pm, but woke with a dry diaper at 3am. After trying to get you to nurse with not much success, I decided to take you to the emergency room in Zephyrhills. When we arrived your blood oxygen was around 85% which is evidently really concerning. They tested you for RSV which did come back positive. They gave you a nebulizer treatment and it came up to 91% then followed it with another one. Your levels stayed the same and the ER Dr made the decision to admit you to the hospital. Now since before you were born, I have always thought I would end up in the ER with you many more times than we have ever been with your brother, but I did not think it would start so soon. You were always so wild in utero that I knew we would be making trips to the ER with you. We stayed in the hospital for two days. Noah and Baga Sue were our most frequent visitors, but daddy and Baga also came by to see us. On Wednesday we checked out of the hospital. I was glad to be going home but still concerned for you because you still were not nursing very well. I had also gotten mastitis while we were in the hospital for the second time since your birth. When we were discharged you were on Amoxicillin, Prednisolone and Abuterol. Noah was still on his Ceptra and I was on Dicloxacillin. I felt like I was running a pharmacy. We had a few days to recover before heading to Iowa to see family.
So, we made a trip to Iowa to see Dan, Lynn and Amara (Pronounced "uh-mar-uh") when they made it back from Turkey, as well as numerous other family members and friends. They are going to be making our house in Iowa their home until it sells or something else comes up for them. It will be great to have them in the house making it smell like a home again and keeping up with the snow removal and when the time comes, lawn care. It was really fun seeing you Noah, with your brother and cousin, both so little compared to you. Monday evening we were able to spend time with the Wedekings. Tuesday evening, daddy too you, Noah, to the urgent care because your ears were hurting and you had a low grade fever. This is your first ear infection since you were about a year old. They put you back in an antibiotic. On Wednesday, we had a half birthday for Foster and had many people come by to visit. We hung out with the Jensen grandparents, got to see Charlotte, Jerry, and Darrell along with Gramma and Grampa Bolin, and Uncle James and Aunt Nicole came and stayed with us. Foster, you were cutting teeth and screamed the entire time G&G Bolin and Charlotte and Family were at the house. It was rather humorous. On Saturday we were able to celebrate with Alan and Emily as they were married. Noah, you loved dancing with Kelsey at the dance and you also did a dollar dance with Emily. The next morning we headed to Colfax to have a yummy lunch with Dave Jensen and family then to the airport. We had a great trip and it was wonderful to see everyone.

When we got back home, we went for Foster's 6 month check up.
Stats:
16# 10 oz (50%)
27in (75%)

I had the pediatrician recheck your ears Noah and you still had an ear infection. So he prescribed another antibiotic for you. I surely hope this helps!

Everyday I am learning more about being the mom of two little boys. I am blessed to have both of you in my life and I am excited to continue on this journey. I am thankful to our creator for trusting me with your care and hope that I can honor him in raising both of you!

No comments: