Monday, October 07, 2013

His Treasure- Gems of Love from Your King- by Sheri Rose Shepard

I just love this little devotional bookBy Sheri Rose Shepard! It is written from God to you and addresses the reader with names such as My Child, My Beloved Daughter, My Precious Girl. Really feels like a father having written notes to his daughter. The pages are colorful and include a scripture to go with the subject of the devotion. My favorite devotion in the book came from the subject of His Timing. My husband and I are in the process of adoption and as many people know, and many others do not, there is so much time of waiting and wondering. When I came to this devotion, we had been waiting on our final home study, being told it would be done, for over 8 weeks. It is so hard sometimes to wait...but this devotion was a great reminder that it is God's timing not mine.

I would recommend this title to any woman who needs uplifting from a father in her life. Most importantly this book repeats truth to you and reminds one of what the truth in life really is. Its size is just perfect to throw in your purse, use it in the waiting room, in the parent pick-up lane, or anytime you are feeling defeated. I also loved that it included a table of contents that was subject searchable! When you are struggling in a certain area, you can turn to the truth God wants you to know about him and His love for you. As the timing devotion said..."Now is the time, My Beloved, to ask Me to use you in someone's life today." I think that Sheri, the author, was used in my life and will continue to be when I grab this little book! I did receive a copy of this book for free to review

No comments: