Saturday, October 05, 2013

Nothing to talk about?

I know, I know. You are probably thinking... "When is the last time she stopped talking?"

I am a talker! Anyone who has spent time with me knows this! I do try to make sure to give others equal time talking too. It is something I really have to pay attention to and make sure I am conscious to not take more than my fair share of time. But at our dinners, I find the strangest thing happening. I feel like we (as a family) have nothing to talk about! It bothers me to no end. I am not sure if part of this problem stems from being a stay-at-home mom who also homeschools. And because I also inform Matt about everything we have going on at his lunch. Past what goes on here, I feel at a loss for words. I don't want our entire family dinners to be filled with, "take another bite...keep eating...be careful, you are making a mess...etc." I want them to be meaningful and enjoyable. I want to laugh and joke and share life with the littles in our lives and also with my husband. I loathe the day that the kids move and we "have nothing to talk about." So, I decided something had to be done about this lack of conversation.

Like any "good" person would do, I consulted Pinterest for ideas. I came up with some questions off of a couple of blogs and an idea of how to keep the questions on the table and have them look pretty. I am super excited to have the kids home tonight and try them out. So if you are at a loss for words, look no further- Conversation Stones! I put them in a mason jar and they are the centerpiece for our table now.



No comments: