Friday, October 03, 2008

Rock-a-bye-baby

Well this afternoon for Noah's nap, I took the liberty to rock him to sleep. Most of you know that Noah has been sleep trained and I prefer for him to be laid down to go to sleep on his own because it makes it hard on us when he will not go to sleep when we put him down. But for many reasons, (most importantly the accidents that have been happening) I just wanted to hold him. He asked me to sing to him so we rocked in the glider and I sang the songs I used to sing to him when I nursed him- Amazing Grace, Swing Low-Sweet Chariot, and You are my Sunshine. He was asleep before I got to the last song, but I sang it anyway. I remember my mom singing those songs to my sister to rock her to sleep. My favorite was always Swing Low, Sweet Chariot. Do you have a favorite song from your childhood?

3 comments:

JK Williams said...

My favorite is " You are my Sunshine" and "Over the Rainbow." My Dad always sand me the first on and my Mom the second. Josh has sung both of those songs to me before he knew they were my favorites which just added to them being special.

This post was really sweet!

Carolyn White said...

For me, it has always been "Bye-Low Baby Bunting, Daddy's gone a huntin', to get a baby rabbit skin, to wrap my baby bunting in" Mom sang it to me and I sing it to all of my kids - it instantly calms them - and me - down. What gross lyrics though!

Heather and Her Guys said...

I don't have a favorite song from my childhood that I can remember. But, when Asher was fussy as a baby, I would sing "Jesus Loves Me" to him. Now that he is older, I love to listen to him sing to himself. The first song he learned to sign and to sing was "Jesus Loves Me."